Summary of Responsibilities:
Initiates, develops and maintains sales of the Touchstone Funds within institutional markets. These markets include RIAs, family offices, private banks, TAMPs, broker-dealer platforms, mutual fund consultants and 401(k) alliances within the assigned territory. Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; shows consistency of values and behavior; and builds trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
- Clearly defines and executes a tactical plan to demonstrate progress toward increasing Touchstone Investment’s market share in all profitable fields of play.
- Builds relationships with RIAs, family offices, private banks, TAMPs, broker-dealer platforms, mutual fund consultants and 401(k) alliances.
- Identifies new gatekeepers and centers of influence that have the ability to leverage distribution.
- Schedules and conducts outside and inside sales calls to institutional markets. Demonstrates where funds should be positioned within an asset allocation strategy.
- Works in partnership with National Account Managers to place Touchstone Funds within assigned broker-dealer recommended lists and model portfolio programs.
- Deeply understands the investment portfolios offered by Touchstone. Is able to speak intelligently about the funds’ process, positioning and holdings.
- Stays current on the market by reviewing periodicals, fund performance and manager philosophy to engage in topical conversations in the institutional markets environment.
- Manages territory to maximize sales with the efficient use of agreed-upon expenses. Budgets estimated sales and institutional support expenses on an annual basis. Submits expense reports weekly.
- Attends/conducts seminars and conferences.
- Accurately maintains and updates CRM database for territory to support all business development activities.
- Works to retain existing assets and clients. Works with the Home Office to follow up on significant redemptions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a minimum four to eight years of related sales experience.
- Demonstrated established relationships and book of business within the institutional marketplace.
- Proven ability to analyze investment managers to differentiate them from their competition.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner while following proper rules of punctuation, diction and style. Ability to prepare correspondence, reports and forms using a prescribed format.
- Demonstrated superb presentation skills.
- Proven work experience influencing others to initiate a recommended course of action to solve a problem or increase efficiency.
- Must be able to cite examples of self-motivation and experience working independently.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Cite examples of organization and time management methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands.
- Proven experience handling multiple duties, and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the institutional marketplace or in the financial services industry.
- Proven substantial knowledge of investment management concepts, disciplines and strategies.
- This position travels and works in various office settings and requires being in a stationary position for long periods of time frequently while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Position requires frequent movement of wrist, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications, along with salesforce.com CRM.
- Zephyr StyleADVISOR, Morningstar Direct, Discovery Database and RIA Database preferred.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses required.
- CFA preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Maintain appropriate vehicle insurance.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Extensive travel required.
- Ability to drive personal vehicle over relatively large geography which will include extensive daily and overnight travel.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed