Rotational Intern-Accounting, Internal Audit, Treasury
Summary of Responsibilities:
Rotates through three departments, including Internal Audit, Corporate Accounting and Treasury. Program spans 9 to 12 months, spending 3 to 4 months in each department. Participates in team-oriented projects that support Internal Audit, Accounting, and Treasury management in accomplishing departmental objectives.
- Responsible for financial reporting to management.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements.
- Assists with general ledger accounting and reconciliations.
- Internal Audit
- Participates in the completion of risk based integrated audits by documenting processes and controls, performing testing of controls and transactions, and summarizing project results for presentation to Company management.
- Serves as a member of the project team responsible for performing transaction testing on behalf of external audit firm.
- Prepares presentations to management.
- Assists with premium check deposit processing by utilizing banking and administrative systems to achieve daily time-sensitive agreements.
- Supports Treasury management in documenting and organizing on-going and ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Partners with Corporate Treasury Finance to prepare funding agreement documentation, as time permits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Internal Audit, Accounting or Treasury management.
- Experience in problem-solving situations and ability to create innovative solutions
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial and operational data
- Experience handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, emphasizing the need to deliver quality products and/or services.
- Works in an office setting that frequently requires being in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Performs frequent movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- Working on a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum GPA: 3.25
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- Experience in use of word processing and spreadsheet.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Part-time to full-time position depending on department workload and candidate availability.
- Regular weekly schedule required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed