Summary of Responsibilities:
This role will work closely with the testing and development teams to create automation scripts in line with existing functional aspects of the application’s testing efforts. The candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining automated scripts library.
- Work with the testing teams to write automated test scripts.
- Work with senior automation team member in the review of the regression scenarios selected for automation, and assess the automation feasibility.
- Review the projects’ test scenarios to make recommendations on automating functional testing of new requirements.
- Write basic SQL and join queries to generate complex reports.
- Obtain exposure to API and Web Services to be able to consume the testing tools APIs exposed by the applications.
- Participate in the review of the test scripts created or modified by the team for compliance with coding standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- General understanding of various SDLC processes, QA lifecycle and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and environments; cite examples exhibiting personal motivation, creativity and a proactive approach within this type of environment.
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Exposure to testing using SQL to generate reports and perform data testing.
- General understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Understanding of software design techniques.
- Knowledge in Agile development methodologies preferred.
- Experience identifying, defining and quantifying problems; collecting or interpreting data, establishing facts and providing effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on both the technical and application facets of the job; conveys information to stakeholders in a clear, accurate, focused and concise manner.
- Proven desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality, and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to document procedures and activities in a manner that is understandable to others and prepared using a prescribed format: demonstrated ability to effectively use the English language in verbal and written format, including elements of grammar, punctuation, diction and spelling proficiency.
- Works in an office setting and remains in an occasionally stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment or while in meetings.
- Occasionally stationary to accomplish tasks, particularly moving from one work station to another.
- Continually performs an activity such as transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Visual acuity is required to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned. Ability to make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Object oriented concepts/test automation concepts.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Extended hours required to meet work program demands.