Summary of Responsibilities:
The Intern will assist the IT IFS Systems team with researching current legacy applications and services and documenting the current and future design for the application. Will be responsible of working with IT and business staff in documenting requirements for the rewrite of the legacy application and developing, testing and deploying the application to production with the assistance of IFS Systems developer(s).
· Gathers requirements for, designs, develops and tests the platform.
· Assures that hardware and software operate efficiently.
· Utilizes programming tools effectively to ensure accuracy and enhance productivity.
· Assembles and analyzes data relating to processing problems, soliciting help as needed from IT and business unit associates.
· Consults and/or advises business unit associates by written and/or oral communication on inquiries concerning existing or proposed systems.
· Participates in meetings on developmental projects.
· Within 3 months, be familiar with the Western & Southern Financial Group application development standards and Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
· Within 3 months, be familiar with the basic functions of IFS.
· Within 1 month, be able to perform basic tasks as assigned by the developer’s manager.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
· 3.0 GPA or higher.
· Strong analytical skills, experience identifying and defining problems; collecting or interpreting data, establishing facts, and providing effective solutions.
· Business Analysis
· .Net/C#/MVC experience
· Oracle and/or SQL Server database experience
· Open to collaboration/assessment of business processes using technology.
· Motivation and ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn.
· Demonstrated commitment to quality, emphasizing the need to deliver quality products and/or services.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.