Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the sale of Touchstone products to meet established sales goals that align with Company scorecard. Develops overall sales strategies and ensures managers are executing on the tactical aspects of the external sales initiatives. Directs all external sales activities and responsibilities, including focus on particular firms and funds as directed by the scorecard, maintenance of pipeline activities and effectiveness of all sponsored events. Manages and aligns internal, organizational resources to assure achievement of established goals. Independently makes a broad range of critical decisions, escalating to the CEO when appropriate.
- Direct reports include three Retail DVPs, Head of Institutional Business Development, MD Retail Business Development and the Manager of the Internal Sales Desk.
- Partners with the CEO to develop annual compensation packages for both the Retail and Institutional Channels including the quarterly scorecard metrics.
- Develops, implements and manages the annual strategic, tactical and financial plan for both the retail and institutional channels to achieve quantitative and qualitative scorecard objectives.
- Provides guidance and training for the direct reports, including personnel management, working with centers-of-influence, sales training (e.g., Challenger Sale & use of Allego) and developing effective coaching when traveling with sales associates.
- Ensures sales management is consistently implementing sales tactics and directing sales activities to ensure scorecard goals are met or exceeded.
- Oversees the sales budget, T&E and promotional allowance policy adherence.
- Responsible for the implementation, follow-up and success of all sponsored events and speakers.
- Is a member of the Product Management committee.
- Maintains awareness of trends in the financial services industry, networking and being aware of competitors' strategies and major operational initiatives.
- Sets direction for the execution and coordination of sales conferences and meetings, and participates regularly in capacity of speaker, national sales advocate, trainer, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proven experience effectively managing a group of external sales professionals; 10 years of management experience preferred. Experience to include leading and motivating teams to achieve high levels of productivity and morale.
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and experience in the financial services and broker/dealer industries in a sales management position.
- Demonstrated experience building and leveraging relationships in the financial services, broker/dealer and/or RIA/Bank Channels with proven results.
- Demonstrated experience in developing sales tactics, growing sales teams and sales results.
- Proven track record of recruiting and retaining successful sales personnel.
- Demonstrated superb presentation skills with the proven ability to influence an individual or group to take a recommended course of action.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Must be able to cite examples from work experience of identifying complex problems, quantifying the problem and providing creative resolutions for solving the problem.
- This position travels and works in various office settings and requires being in a stationary position for long periods of time frequently while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Position requires frequent movement of wrist, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- Ability to drive personal vehicle over relatively large geography which will include daily and overnight travel up to 50-75%. Typically on the road about 60% of the time visiting with broker/dealer home offices, financial adivsors/RIAs and sales associates. Remaining time will be in the Touchstone home office in Cincinnati, OH.
- Graduate degree or commensurate selection criteria experience.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 or 26 and 65.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Extensive travel.