Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the development of business intelligence (BI) solutions using Enterprise data models, data architectures and data classifications. Responsible for mentoring application, infrastructure and business teams in the creation, employment and use of business intelligence tools. Works with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Solves complex technical problems. Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user. Creates testing methodology and criteria. Designs and coordinates a curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of business intelligence tools to enhance business decision-making capability. Responsible for leading all phases of conceptualization, design, development, testing, and production support of BI solutions. Works under minimal supervision and is responsible to make a wide range of decision escalating to the manager when necessary and updates the manager on a regular basis.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of working in Information Technology and our team.
- Develops and maintain Business Intelligence solutions utilizing the Enterprise Data-model Architecture.
- Assists in the development of standards for data definitions, manipulation and mapping.
- Conducts interviews with business resources to gather requirements.
- Develops Technical Specifications and Mapping Documents.
- Develops data models and implement best practices.
- Acts as senior resource for troubleshooting Business Intelligence data-related issues.
- Oversees management of projects with cross-functional teams.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and methodologies. Cite examples of successful employment of BI tools and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies such as waterfall and Agile. Cite examples of successful project management engagements.
- Demonstrated experience with running queries and reports in a BI tool.
- Demonstrated experience with coding in SQL based clients, such as PL/SQL, TOAD or similar applications.
- Proven knowledge of data modeling techniques. Must be able to cite examples comparing and contrasting Kimball approach versus Inmon versus data vault.
- Experience in data architecture.
- Exposure to integration tools (DTS, SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage, etc.).
- Exposure to OLAP tools (Analysis Services, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.).
- Exposure to Reporting tools (Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Dependable team member.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate selection criteria experience.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Proficient in Oracle RDBMS and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of AIX, Windows and Linux Operating Systems including scripts and task scheduling.
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects and to handle off-hours as required, including returning to work if necessary.
- On-call rotation via pager to support the database system and applications 24 hours per day/7 days per week/365 days per year.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed