Summary of Responsibilities:
Analyzes major business processes for improvement in process effectiveness. Functions as an internal consultant to the Service Management Office (SMO) in regard to data analysis and reporting. Makes key decisions regarding product and system design and/or functionality. Provides quality assurance for the ServiceNow software system and ITIL processes. Applies technical skill sets and knowledge to develop and employ complete and accurate test plans for implementation of new products and/or system enhancements. Assists in the completion of business unit acceptance testing for deployment of new and enhanced systems and processes. Resolves problems regarding ServiceNow system and processes, as well as providing proper documentation and training coordination for those units regarding associated changes in business/system processes. Operates with minimal supervision.
- Performs workflow and process analysis of operating areas. Works collaboratively with SMO management to develop recommendations identifying improvement opportunities in speed, quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Analyzes and researches data to determine if systems and processes are working properly based on SMO needs.
- Follows up with IT to ensure each Service Level Agreement (SLA) has been met and proper documentation has been submitted. Analyzes current service level agreements to determine the best SLA results for IT Managers and their associated business units.
- Performs testing and analysis in coordination with Information Technology.
- Prepares written documentation for SMO process functionality.
- Conducts analytical summary performances of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management to enhance areas of improvement.
- Performs trending analysis of data from the ITIL processes associated with IT. This may include incident matching, analytical breakdown of business unit issues, service interruptions and volume reports.
- Designs, creates and delivers ad hoc reports from ServiceNow and other sources as required.
- System administrator for the ServiceNow software system, keeping the system up to date and available for the end-users. Researches and analyzes requirements for upgrades to the system, and works with the vendor to implement these changes. Answers calls for assistance, and troubleshoots areas in the system for the users.
- Coordinates cost benefit analysis of identified process changes.
- Prepares presentations for management on process definition, recommended changes and expected impact.
- Analyzes incident and problem data to enhance the SMO knowledge base and provide useful solutions, workarounds and documentation to all levels of the Enterprise.
- Creates and modifies SMO reports using report writing and data analysis tools.
- Works closely with management to assist with process enhancements. Participates in meetings to present analytical views of accumulated data.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems, and providing effective resolutions. Cite examples of good decision-making skills when dealing with multiple alternatives.
- Proven experience as an IT Service Desk Specialist or equivalent handling and effectively solving client problems in a IT Service Desk environment. Must provide examples of strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team. Provide examples of motivating co-workers in difficult situations.
- Proven ability to think and act proactively with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated desire to develop knowledge and skills, and share these with other members of the team.
- Proven knowledge of Service Desk operations, Microsoft desktop software, basic computer hardware
- Proven examples of working under multiple deadlines with minimal supervision. Cite examples of successfully organizing and effectively completing projects where given little or no direction.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to continually read and prepares a variety of correspondence, reports and forms using a prescribed format while conforming to proper rules of puncutation, grammar, diction and style.
- Works in an office setting and frequently remains in a stationary position while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment or while in meetings.
- Continually performs an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Visual acuity is required to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned.
- Ability to continually make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Associate’s degree in a business/technical field or commensurate selection criteria experience.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Knowledge in ITIL Foundations V2 or higher.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of working in Information Technology and our team.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed