Summary of Responsibilities:
Provides technical systems expertise in support of the development, implementation, and testing of multi-disciplined, cross-departmental activities to support B2B and B2C. Provides detailed technical business analysis for small to medium Enterprise technology solutions. Leverages strong knowledge of life insurance and annuity product design and sales processes to design solutions that meet stated business needs. Interviews stakeholders to create functional requirements and communicates those requirements to solution/development teams through the software development life cycle (Agile, Waterfall, Iterative). Acts as a liaison between the business customers, Information Technology (IT), and third party vendors by building relationships with internal and external customers. Brings to bear technical skills, product knowledge, and data analysis, to provide guidance and make recommendations to manager on technology initiatives. Ensures IT and third party vendors understand the business and stakeholder requirements and resolves any gaps in understanding. Responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to management when necessary and updating manager on a regular basis.
· Coordinates with business units, vendors, and IT to evaluate, design, and test new and upgraded applications, products, and services (e.g. illustration, administration, and commission systems). Communicates changes and trains end users on application usage and functionality for current, modified, and new programs.
· Gathers, reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and collaborates to support production of business and technical requirements containing rules, requirements, specifications and design per project protocol and enterprise standards.
· Translates conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
· Conducts system impact analysis and/or system integration analysis of enterprise systems. Documents and diagrams systems and business processes.
· Analyzes complex business problems, proposes effective technology solutions, understands and applies business vision and direction.
· Participates in root cause analysis in order to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity and application optimization.
· Assists Product Owners in prioritizing the product backlog and active development based on business needs and requirements.
· Facilitates work sessions with business units and technical staff to develop functional business requirements for medium to large sized projects. Where appropriate, leads small-to-medium sized projects through all phases of the project management lifecycle.
· Creates detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured requirements, traceability matrices, functional and/or integration test plans, test cases, test data and expected results for small- to moderate-size projects.
· Reviews and obtains sign-off of test plans, test cases, and test data with business units to help ensure that all procedures and systems processes employed by the business unit are adequately covered. Communicates any changes or deviations from plans to stakeholders as appropriate.
· Reports, triages, and monitors defects for assigned work, ensures quality metric data is collected and reported on for each release. Conducts quality assurance audits upon request, ensuring that product features and calculated values are correct and align with contract language and computation standards. Corrects errors, working with IT and policy services to communicate and, where appropriate, escalate issues.
· Performs other duties, as assigned by management.
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience in software assurance, systems analysis or business analysis; financial services industry experience preferred.
· Strong understanding of annuities, life insurance, and/or mutual funds.
· Proven experience identifying, defining, and quantifying moderately complex problems, collecting or interpreting data, establishing facts and providing effective solutions using mathematical, logical, and technological skills. Must cite examples of sound decision-making skills when dealing with multiple alternatives or technology solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to grasp computer and other technical concepts. Must be able to cite examples of quickly learning new technological concepts and applying them to business needs.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and environments. Must be able to cite examples exhibiting personal motivation, creativity, and a proactive approach within this type of environment.
· Flexible team player with proven track record driving and delivering successful technology solutions.
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills on both technical and non-technical facets of the job; conveys information to stakeholders in a clear, accurate, focused, and concise manner.
· Proven examples from work experience in writing technical processing procedure documentation as well as examples of presentations.
· Proven desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality, and reliability.
· Able to cite examples of participating in projects that demonstrated testing execution skills.
· Knowledge of insurance company operations preferred.
· Technical acumen and in-depth understanding of application development.
· Proven flexibility to transition between projects quickly, maintain positive and energetic attitude, and possess the ability to work within a team environment.
· Proven ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
· Demonstrated experience in Agile/Lean methodologies and Scrum processes preferred.
· Proven ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
· This position works primarily in an office setting and requires being in a stationary position for long periods, frequently while working at a desk on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings. Position requires frequent movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
· Bachelor's degree in a business-related field, such as information technology, finance, business management, or commensurate selection criteria experience
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
· Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, database applications and presentation software
· Proven skills in technical writing, flow charting and process modeling methods
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
· An insurance-related certification (e.g., FLMI, or related industry designation) is preferred
· One or more of the following designations or other Industry equivalent certification preferred:
o Current Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
o Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
o Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
o Agile Analysis Certification (IIBA-AAC)
· Potential on-call support during nights and weekends
· Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects and off-hour support