Summary of Responsibilities:
The Fixed Income Investment Specialist’s primary responsbility is to represent to internal and external constituencies the investment strategies employed by Touchstone’s sub-advisors and methods to best position and employ Touchstone fixed income strategies in investor portfolios. This position champions the strategic growth of Touchstone’s fixed income products by supporting the Touchstone sales teams in all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting to closing business to retention. This includes partnering with the Sales Organization to communicate and provide detailed technical expertise on investment strategies and how such strategies can be implemented within our client firm platforms and models. This position spends extensive time with Touchstone’s sub-advisors, developing the ability to act as a conduit between the sub-advisors and Touchstone’s Sales Organization. This individual works closely with key distributors, platform specailists, and research and due diligence personnel. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to Manager when necessary.
- Drives sales in Touchstone’s broad array of fixed income products.
- Collaborates closely with fixed income sub-advisor portfolio managers and analysts and Touchstone’s Investment Research Team to cultivate a deep understanding of the investment approach, underlying securities and results in order to represent all facets of the product internally and externally.
- Works closely with Touchstone’s internal intermediary sales force to position the strategies with wholesalers, registered investment advisors and gatekeepers around the country.
- Develops and delivers investment, market and business communications to existing and prospective clients in one-on-one, small group, and large audience (e.g., branch) presentations.
- Provides updates on overall financial markets performance, economic trends and the overall investment outlook as articulated by Touchstone’s sub-advisors
- Become a spokesperson for sub-advisor’s investment team with the ability to present a deep understanding of the investment process, market outlook, and strong advocate for the services
- Prepare for client meetings, including updating presentation materials, portfolio review and market update slides.
- Collaborates with Touchstone’s sales force to service existing fixed income clients and assist in asset retention efforts.
- Continually create new sales ideas/ways to advocate product (e.g. Blog posts, thought leadership ideas)
- Works closely with other Touchstone departments, including Marketing, Product Management and Research to develop and maintain relevant marketing materials.
- Facilitates identification of specific target opportunities for sales personnel to capitalize on relative strength of Touchstone offerings and to implement Touchstone sales campaigns.
- Identifies specific fund positioning and messaging to correlate with research and marketing campaigns of Touchstone’s focus firms.
- Assists in training sales personnel to become self sufficient in positioning and messaging of Touchstone Funds within the context of their typical customer forms of interaction (e.g., one-on-one, short phone call, etc.).
- Assists with the development of new products, investment positioning white papers and the training needs of Touchstone’s sales organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- At least ten years working in financial services is a must with some experience in a sales and product specialist role and extensive experience with the fixed income asset class
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of economics and capital markets, including global macro and marketing topics, particularly fixed income
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused, and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations, such as prioritizing multiple tasks with critical target dates, dealing with demanding customers and participating in discussions with limited preparation time.
- Must be able to cite examples from work experience on identifying complex problems, quantifying the problem, and providing creating resolutions to solve.
- Cites examples of independent decision-making and initiative.
- Demonstrated strong results-orientation. Must cite examples of situations where a strong results-orientation was demonstrated.
- Proven ability and willingness to travel extensively.
- Works primarily in an office setting and frequently requires being in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Performs frequent movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a finance-related field.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Working knowledge of database and web-based applications.
- Morningstar Direct experience preferred.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 Licenses required for placement or within six months of obtaining position.
- Series 65/66 preferred.
- Preference for investment industry designations (e.g., CFA, CIMA, CFP, CAIA).
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Maintain appropriate vehicle insurance.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Significant travel required (often in excess of 50% of working days).
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed