Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the overall management of the various departments within Insurance Operations. The incumbent of this position is responsible for the performance management and development of the departmental associates and the integrity and execution of business processes and systems.
This position is responsible for ensuring that service standards, as outlined in the Partnership Agreements and scorecard objectives on all departmental functions, are consistently achieved or exceeded while managing potential risk to the Company. This position maintains positive business relationships with high-level personnel, clients, agents, internal departments, vendors and other insurance companies.
- Plans, organizes and directs work within the department by monitoring statistical reports on department production, time service and quality, general observation and through contact with customers. Approves financial transactions within their approval authority.
- Evaluates productivity and quality of performance in relation to Partnership Agreements, managing work activities and balancing department resources to ensure that goals and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Leads staff through effective management and coaching. Manages the Company’s performance management model, effectively communicating departmental goals and initiatives and providing regular feedback and coaching concerning job performance.
- Evaluates team members’ potential and productivity and supports associates in developing skills and competencies. Develops departmental education plan to assist associates in their personal, professional and technical development. Identifies and addresses performance issues.
- Fosters a culture in the department that promotes open communication, integrity, professionalism, teamwork and a sense of urgency. Uses both written and oral communication (including team and departmental meetings) to keep associates informed of Company initiatives and projects, internal procedures, goals, priorities and department philosophy.
- Manages the Company’s reward and recognition programs to acknowledge both team and individual accomplishments.
- Builds strong relationship with the customer base. Recognizes the importance of customer and sales force satisfaction. Participates in field advisory conferences, agent schools, meetings and office visits to answer questions and present information.
- Accurately anticipates resource changes required to support changes in workload. Plans ahead to accommodate such changes without impact to service levels or Company goals and objectives. Works with other managers in Insurance Operations to maximize department and Insurance Operations’ resources.
- Initiates recommendations and effects changes required to keep departmental operations and philosophies in line with industry trends and developments. Stays current on industry trends through review of industry publications, LOMA resources and attendance at industry conferences.
- Actively seeks ways to reduce expenses to maximize efficiency. Champions process, systems or personnel changes to achieve these efficiencies.
- Evaluates and makes decisions on complaint cases and requests for business exceptions balancing business risk and client need. Understands the implications of exceptions in regard to policy administration and uses judgment to make decisions within their scope of authority.
- Evaluates effect of new products or projects on departmental processes or systems ensuring requirements are met and that proper systems and procedures are in place to support processing.
- Participates in research and makes decisions in departmental and corporate committees and projects. Manages intra-departmental projects and project teams related to Insurance Operations’ or Company-wide initiatives for process improvements, increased efficiency or expense reductions.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with vendors and other insurance companies. Actively seeks improvements in current processes and/or cost reduction opportunities. Implements vendor changes with no disruption to service levels outlined in Partnership Agreements.
- Identifies production problems and works with IS staff to ensure correction. Routinely prioritizes outstanding work orders to ensure Systems resources are being focused on those work orders which have the most impact on the organization. Identifies creative approaches or manual processes required to overcome errors in the system from the time the problem is identified until resolution. Implements a manual process if a system correction is not proven to be cost effective.
- Assists with preparation of department’s annual salary and expense budget. Monitors overtime and mail expenses relative to the budget and makes appropriate adjustments in spending where possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proven experience in coaching and developing individuals. This includes providing direction and effective feedback to team members utilizing solid performance management practices.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of insurance industry, business unit products and regulatory requirements.
- Proven solid experience in customer service including identifying client problems/issues and providing and initiating effective resolutions. Must provide examples of strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs and information to internal groups and external clients in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Proven experience in effectively coordinating multiple assignments and consistently achieving business goals. Expected to cite examples of organization skills and methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and solid judgment were effectively demonstrated.
- This position works in an office setting and remains in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings. This position will frequently make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers for continuous computer work.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed