Summary of Responsibilities:
The PMO Project Portfolio Management Analyst II coordinates and manages the overall capacity of IT resources allocation requests within the Strategic & Operation disciplines for both Enterprise planned and
active program/project portfolio’s for W&SFG business and technology needs. This role collaborates with
colleagues in Business Relationship Management, Service Delivery, IT Business Operations and other IT
stakeholders to prioritize investment efforts as well as resource demand at an Enterprise level and identifies if IT
has the staff and resource capacity to perform planned and unplanned work. This role also acts as a
strategic consultant in the area of portfolio and resource management and governance. Provides insight,
leadership and strong resource and project management guidance on all levels of demand investment. This role
manages the day-to-day resource management planning process and facilitates capacity and utilization discussions as they relate to the allocation of resources within both the Planned and Active portfolio and supports the overall Enterprise portfolio management process. The PPO Analyst II acts as primary liaison between resource Managers and demand Managers. Collaborates on the development of best practice knowledge and document management standards, processes, methods, procedures and training as it relates to resource and portfolio planning management. Applies insights related to potential overlap/impacting/dependencies of resource planning and allocation. Serves as a senior subject matter expert on the Enterprise Project Portfolio Resource Management methodologies and practices, providing support, training, metrics, analytics and ad hoc reports for Western & Southern leadership that include tracking and trends specific to the Enterprise Project Portfolio's health, finances, resource capacity planning and engagement. Works closely with Western & Southern IT and Business departments to ensure accuracy and tracking of project portfolio resource allocation and utilization efforts. Provides a high level of expert oversight and assistance to program/project managers to ensure project data is managed effectively and maintains accurately a high level of data integrity for all Enterprise Project Portfolio data entry, tracking and published metrics/analytics.
· Manages the day-to-day activities related to demand forecasting and capacity of IT resources needed for both the Planned and Active Enterprise Project Portfolio.
· Acts as a strategic consultant and collaborates with both Business and IT leadership, executives, business analysts and IT developers to conduct impact analysis on portfolio demand planning, program/project roll-up and resource capacity needs and changes in overall Enterprise Portfolio as well as within the programs/projects as needed or required.
· Provides consultation and/or direction on more complex resource management planning, estimation and forecasting to IT and Business Senior leadership.
· Anticipates the needs of the IT Resource Managers and Project Managers in assigning resources with appropriate capabilities and required skills to be an effective contributor to a specific project.
· Captures and prioritizes demand levels for applications and develops differentiated capacity plans depending on business objectives and potential risks.
· Understands current state of skill set available of resources throughout their assigned area and provide analysis of future state requirements to IT leadership based on historical and environmental trends.
· Is responsible for portfolio resource reporting and metrics to create predictable project delivery and mitigate risk or gaps in delivery schedule.
· Effectively presents/communicates to executive and leadership staff the direction and progress of the IT resource management plan.
· Develops processes to assign IT resources based on priority level and business need of the Enterprise Demand plan.
· Establishes a strategic roadmap for project portfolio resource management.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
· Four to six years of experience applying Program/Project estimation and resource management methodologies.
· Two to four years of experience in PMO Portfolio Management.
· One to two years of experience in Program/Project Management.
· One to two years familiarity with various SDLC methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative) and delivery frameworks (e.g., CMMI, ITIL, and ITSM).
· Proven ability to identify and seize new opportunities for continuous improvement. Readily takes action on challenges without unnecessary planning. Cite examples.
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts to convey information in a clear, focused and concise manner while expressing or exchanging accurate information. Adjusts communication to fit the audience and the message.
· Proven examples from work experience of maintaining a high degree of accuracy associated with high volumes of work and/or multiple duties. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
· Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk.
· Demonstrated experience working within a team and functioning on both business and technical project levels. Cite examples of project team work and experience.
· Demonstrated adaptability when required to adjust to multiple demands/deadlines, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change given little or no supervision/direction. Cite examples.
· Proven ability to effectively absorb information from various sources, then analyze and examine data in detail and draw appropriate conclusions. Cite examples.
· Proven exceptional experience in the use of general office application tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio).
· Works in an office setting and frequently remains in a stationary position while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
· Occasionally moves about to accomplish tasks, particularly moving from one workstation to another.
· Continually performs activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Visual acuity is required to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned. Ability to continually make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience of at least six years in a PMO environment.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
· MS SharePoint and ServiceNow experience is preferred.
· Proven skills in documentation, spreadsheet and database applications.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
· Six Sigma Certification or demonstrated progress toward attainment of certification desired, not required.
· An insurance-related certification (e.g., FLMI, CLU or related industry designation) is not required, but helpful.
Software Powered by iCIMS