Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of financial administration and accounting functions critical to management of the various partnership/LLC entities used in the process of Eagle’s investment management activity (e.g., JV Developer partnership, investment management company and holding company). Works closely with Eagle’s Investment Management and Financial Management/Performance Measurement areas to complete investment waterfall setups and performance return calculations in the Yardi Investment Management system.
Ensures that the income and expense allocations as well as the cash management aspects of Eagle’s partnership/LLC activities are properly accounted for, administered and reconciled in conjunction with the appropriate operating agreements. Works closely with the Real Estate Investment Accounting Manager relative to these activities.
· Conducts extensive historical accounting forensics on existing and previous investments.
· Develops waterfall models in collaboration with the Real Estate Portfolio and Performance Reporting Manager and Asset Managers.
· Maintains and monitors capital account balances to ensure compliance with partnership agreements or operating agreements, including earned and cumulative unpaid preference, outstanding equity commitments, and balance of net equity contributions (contributions and repayments).
· Utilizes Yardi Investment Management system to calculate IRR and other performance measures at all entity levels.
· Utilizes the Enterprise treasury management system to initiate numerous wire transfers relative to contribution and distribution transactions authorized by Eagle’s investment managers.
· Performs variable interest entity (VIE) analyses on proposed and new investments and advises management on the likely GAAP accounting treatment of the contemplated ownership structures.
· Prepares audited financial statements for various investment entities and works closely with external accounting firms to successfully complete the engagements.
· Coordinates new investment entity and client setup functions within Financial Management.
· Remains current with key trends in the areas of investment and partnership accounting as well as GAAP real estate accounting.
· Produces a variety of miscellaneous financial and portfolio reports, upon request, for both internal and external customers.
· Utilizes appropriate accounting guidance to perform in-depth research on a variety of complex financial and reporting topics.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
Certifications & Licenses:
Eagle Realty Group
Software Powered by iCIMS