- Keying data into administrative systems and other peripheral systems, following prescribed steps with some degree of variation but typically accomplished by following written procedures.
- Processing new business applications. Responsible for following business process rules and state specific rules that are documented. Identifies when application is not-in-good-order and takes appropriate steps to remediate. Authorizes issuance of in-good-order applications, including application of premium and determination of contract effective date.
- Preparing illustrations associated with approved life insurance applications. Preparing illustrations using data entry points that match the approved application.
- Completing business processes to support licensing and appointment of producers including data entry, quality checks, training checks and license verification.
- Keying service transactions into administrative systems or peripheral systems. This could include address changes, ownership changes and disbursement requests. Transactions are keyed following documented procedures. Errors or unexpected results must be identified and escalated to manager.
- Answering telephone calls from current customers and agents regarding policy status information and instructions to initiate a change or transaction. This includes caller verification following documented business process and providing information that is documented and does not require independent decision making.
- Making outbound calls to insurance applicants and following script to ask questions and record responses verbatim. This includes but is not limited to personal history interviews that are conducted as part of the life insurance underwriting process. Expectation is to ask questions verbatim in a professional and concise manner and must record responses accurately and verbatim.
- Making outbound calls to existing customers for non-sales purposes. This could include verifying/confirming information, obtaining instructions regarding an in house service request, and premium due reminders.
- Indexing documents in imaging workflow system to accurately identify the document type. Follows procedural documents to enter data such as policy number, customer name, source of business, form type and other key identifiers.