Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs and supervises risk-based internal audit activities for the Company and its subsidiaries. Performs risk-based integrated reviews of financial, operational, systems and management controls of the Company. Provides assistance to the external auditors and regulatory auditors while maintaining effective working relationships with business unit management. Provides consulting services to management. Serves as in-charge auditor on various audit projects. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary and updating manager on a regular basis.
- Performs and supervises risk-based integrated audit procedures on scheduled audit projects in accordance with approved risk-based integrated audit programs and in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of internal control concepts for each audit project, and provides timely information to the Director, Internal Audit, during the audit project regarding weaknesses noted and recommendations for corrective action.
- For assigned audit projects, clearly documents and evaluates the internal controls present in the manual and automated systems being reviewed, identifying internal control strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepares and reviews audit work papers that accurately and sufficiently document audit tests performed, in accordance with departmental guidelines, i.e., Audit Procedures Manual (APM).
- Drafts and reviews written audit reports which accurately describe results of tests performed, the nature of control weaknesses and exposures, expresses an opinion on the adequacy of internal controls and overall procedures, and identifies practical recommendations for improvements.
- Completes the Internal Audit self-study program in order to gain advanced knowledge of internal control concepts, audit testing techniques, data processing knowledge and financial, systems and operational audit knowledge and human relations skills.
- Assists external auditors and regulatory auditors in the performance of scheduled audit activities.
- Assists in the performance of a periodic risk assessment of all Company functions in order to recommend appropriate audit projects as part of the audit planning process.
- Develops specifications for automated audit software working closely with Information Technology personnel to satisfy audit software needs.
- Provides internal controls consulting on significant Company initiatives to our customers as requested.
- Performs special reviews/projects as requested.
- Implements computer-assisted audit techniques and practices auditing by exception techniques to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Supervises work product of one or more internal auditors and one college intern on audit assignments.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Proven experience as an Auditor in a “Big Four” accounting firm or Fortune 500-type company with demonstrated knowledge of internal control concepts and risk-based integrated audit techniques.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of accounting and risk-based integrated auditing.
- Proven ability to develop or adapt risk-based audit programs/procedures on an as-needed basis.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments (3 to 4) simultaneously, and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Possesses strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Solid project management with proven experience successfully planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying, defining and resolving problems, and collecting or intepreting data to establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success interpreting and communicating business needs between internal groups and external vendors in a clear, accurate, focused and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to document procedures and activities in a manner that is understandable to others and prepared using a prescribed format. Verbal and written communications are to conform to proper rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Will be expected to provide examples of written audit reports.
- Proven work experience directing others to initiate a recommended course of action to solve a problem or increase efficiency.
- This position works in an office setting and remains continuously in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Requires visual acuity to read a variety of correspondence, reports and forms and to prepare and analyze data in an accurate, neat and thorough manner.
- Requires the ability to continuously make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, information systems, computer science or related field of study.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio).
- Significant experience auditing automated systems, including mainframes and LAN- and WAN-based applications.
- Significant experience with utilizing automated audit tools, including ACL, Easytrieve Plus, etc.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Less than 5% travel required annually.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed