Summary of Responsibilities:
Oversees some construction projects managed by the Facilities Services group at the Home Office campus and field offices. Field office projects include renovations, new buildouts (relocations), and maintenance averaging up to 50% travel monthly. Supports the Home Office Facilities Services group by performing a variety of maintenance jobs and being the modular furniture SME.
Works independently with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary and updating manager on a regular basis.
- Provides cost estimates for field office projects and renovations.
- Manages on-site activities for field projects working with Real Estate Services, Facilities Planning & Projects, landlords, building owners/managers, movers and other trades and vendors related to the project/renovation.
- Manages construction projects at the Home Office typically less than one month duration; manages quality control and contractor coordination responsibilities.
- Performs office inspections and documents on floor plans, punchlists and photographs. Submits punchlists to landlord, contractors and movers for completion of work.
- Performs general maintenance duties as needed.
- Performs construction activities such as framing, wall finishes, minor mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and masonry work as needed.
- Moves, repairs and rearranges furniture and other equipment.
- Observes all safety regulations and practices.
- Works with hand and power tools, uses ladders and scaffolding in a safe manner to perform task.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Typically requires 5-7 years experience in construction/project management and facilities maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to use tools and equipment related to the building trades.
- Demonstrated ability to furnish and own complete set of hand tools.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated understanding of when building codes are applicable or ability to research and verify information.
- Demonstrated experience effectively working with customers and being responsive to their needs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrated experience working independently. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and initiative were demonstrated.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers at all levels in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions. Must be able to cite examples of good decision-making skills when dealing with multiple alternatives.Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written and oral instruction.
- Demonstrated abilities to walk, stand, stoop, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, balance, climb and lift a maximum of 75 lbs. unassisted.
- Frequent exposure to noise, dirt, odors, temperature extremes and potentially hazardous tools and equipment.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards as well as environmental hazards such as molds and various solvents.
- This position works in both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Trade school and relevant experience preferred.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of basic computer and iPad with the ability to retrieve emails, send emails and access the Company’s intranet homepage.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory and safe driving record required.
- OSHA 10 certification within 3 months of hire required.
- Ability to drive a commercial vehicle up to 26,000 GVWR per DOT regulations, DOT Medical Card required.
- CDL preferred.
- Willing to work overtime and travel up to a maximum of 50% to complete assignments. Overnight travel required sometimes through weekends.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects. Flexibility in adjusting work schedule to complete assignments.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed