Summary of Responsibilities:
Processes agent appointments and terminations within timeframes set in Enterprise Licensing Department (ELD) Quality and Service Standards across all Western & Southern Financial Group (W&SFG) entities. Front-line processing associate responsible for executing transactions. Responds to customer (internal and external) inquiries within established timeframes. Assists agents with first-time resident and non-resident licensing. Corresponds with Home Office personnel, field agents, financial institutions, broker/dealers and independent agents. Works with moderate supervision and is responsible for making a minimal range of decisions, escalating to manager when appropriate and updating manager on a regular basis.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Analyzes, researches and completes a thorough review and processing of applications submitted for new fixed and variable annuity contracts. Analyzes, researches and completes financial contract requests (withdrawals, trades, etc.) and death claim functions for variable and fixed annuity products. Supports these functions for all annuity products distributed by Western & Southern, IFS, Columbus Life, Integrity Life, National Integrity Life and third-party affiliates. Prioritizes and conducts functions to fulfill client and representative requests in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with fixed and variable annuity contract provisions, state regulatory requirements, departmental and Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) procedural guidelines and individual affiliate partnership agreements governing time service. Assures the integrity of contract documentation, accounting and related tax-reporting records to ensure compliance with various regulatory requirements. Effectively answers questions related to existing contracts and products, providing accurate, detailed and complete information.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provides business planning, decision support analysis, and measurement reporting for the assigned business unit(s); e.g. Agency, Columbus Life and/or Lafayette Life. Develops critical management decision analysis tools, and suggests and implements cost-savings. Prepares financial budgets, forecasts and various business case financial models, and performs special projects. Develops, implements and maintains profitability models, cost benefit analysis models and business unit performance measures. Performs variance analyses monthly and quarterly for key management reports. Provides highly confidential analyses in support of new business initiatives and potential acquisitions. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making a broad range of critical decisions independently, escalating to executive-level management when appropriate.
- Constructs yearly financial plans (budgets) and quarterly forecasts.
- Develops decision analysis tools necessary to help manage and grow the business.
- Identifies and implements process and cost improvements.
- Represents Finance Department in business unit specific meetings, and is responsible for identifying necessary analyses and updating the department on key items of impact.
- Develops, implements and maintains profitability and break-even models.
- Performs analyses in support of potential acquisition candidates.
- Creates and develops analyses to assist in the pricing of products.
- Develops, implements and reports business unit performance measures and key metrics.
- Prepares and communicates Scorecard commentary quarterly for each business unit supported.
- Prepares variance analyses to budget monthly for key management reports.
- Cross-trained as backup for one other business unit; cross-train another analyst as backup for your business units.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Five plus years experience in an analytical role; advanced degrees or designations (MBA, Master’s in Finance/Accounting or equivalent, CFA, CPA or CMA) a plus.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolution.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with little direction from management. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and initiative were demonstrated.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously, and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Expected to cite examples of organization and time management/methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands. Must demonstrate project management experience in planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner while following proper rules of punctuation, diction and style. Ability to prepare correspondence, reports and forms using a prescribed format.
- Proven experience effectively influencing a group to a recommended course of action.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced spreadsheet applications. Includes extensive modeling of multiple business units and/or various financial products.
- Works in an office setting and frequently requires being in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Performs frequent movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field or commensurate selection criteria experience in related position or industry; advanced degree or designation (MBA, Masters in Finance/Accounting-equivalent, CFA, CPA or CMA) a plus.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Excel, Powerpoint; Database applications a plus.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- None Required.
- Extended hours required as needed for peak seasons.